My friends couldn't get enough of this chocolate cake recipe I found on Taste of Home! They've all requested I make this again for our Christmas get-together.
· 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
· 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
· 1-1/4 cups water
· 1/2 cup canola oil
· 4 eggs
· 3 teaspoons almond extract
· 2-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
· 6 tablespoons refrigerated regular or amaretto-flavored nondairy creamer
· 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
· In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat until combined. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
· Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
· In a small saucepan, combine the creamer and remaining chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 45 minutes. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.