Today's recipe comes from SavoringTheThyme.com. I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen, so I started cookin'! These were great with my Roasted Rosemary Chicken and some long grain & wild rice. Try as a side dish for Thanksgiving!
3 pounds red skinned gold potatoes (‘baby’ or about 2 inches wide)
4-6 slices Uncured bacon, cooked, halved lengthwise and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
salt and ground black pepper
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place in a bowl. Toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper and scatter over the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
2. Place a cooking rack in a baking sheet and evenly space the bacon on the rack.
3. Place the bacon on the lowest rack and the potatoes above it and bake. Being with 3 minutes increments watching the bacon carefully. Remove the bacon when cooked to your liking.
4. After the potatoes have baked for 20 minutes, add the garlic to them, toss and bake another 5 minutes.
5. Remove the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Grate fresh Parmesan over the potatoes and scatter the parsley and bacon on top.