Here’s what’ll be on my table this Thanksgiving holiday! I usually just do the traditional turkey stuffed with onions, carrots, and herbs, but it’s time to switch things up a bit. I knew I wanted to incorporate honey into the recipe, so I chose this one from Back to the Cutting Board. Irresistibly juicy turkey coated with a honey Dijon glaze! Mmmm...
Stay tuned for the rest of my Thanksgiving dinner menu and Thanksgiving leftover ideas!
Honey Roasted Turkey
Makes 8-10 servings.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 4 hour 30 min | Total time: 4 hour 50 min
· 1 whole turkey (10-12 lbs.)
· 1 cup butter, melted
· 1 cup honey
· 1/2 cup dijon mustard
· 2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
2. Rinse turkey, discard the giblets and then place in a roasting pan.
3. Mix together butter, honey, mustard and salt.
4. Pour over turkey.
5. Bake turkey for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with butter-honey mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours, continuing to baste regularly, or until meat thermometer inserted in the thigh reads 180-185 degrees (F). Let sit at least 10 minutes before carving.