I love football season. Being a foodie, my favorite thing about football season besides the game, is the food. Who woulda' guessed? It's a time for hearty, satisfying eats. It's a time when we unavoidably gain a few extra pounds to stay warm in winter. At my home, we are big football fans. And even bigger tailgating fans. My hubby reunites with his buddies from college and reminisces over beers. Myself & Ellie (my daughter) serve up tempting tailgating dishes to family & friends...and hot chocolate, too! This Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
always goes too fast. It's definitely a sports fan crowd-pleaser! Incredibly easy dip to make.
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
Mix everything and pour it into a baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.