Cute Peanut Butter Pretzel Pumpkins
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 bag mini pretzels
1 bag orange candy melts
Mini chocolate chips (if desired for decorating)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and pumpkin pie spice and beat until well incorporated.
- Measure out about a tsp of the peanut butter mixture out and roll it into a ball with your hands.
- Sandwich the ball in between 2 pretzels and set aside on a wax or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Continue making sandwiches until all of the peanut butter mixture is used. Transfer the cookie sheet to the refrigerator and chill for about an hour.
- Break pieces of pretzels for stems and set aside.
- After an hour, transfer the orange candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 1/2 power for 30 seconds at a time, mixing well between each interval. Continue until completely melted and smooth.
- Dunk each sandwich into the chocolate, using a fork to retrieve it. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to help remove excess chocolate. Transfer pumpkin to the cookie sheet to set.
- Add the pretzel stems to the top of the pumpkins and if you're adding jack-o-lantern features, gently press the chocolate chips into the chocolate coating before it has set completely.
- When all the pumpkins are dipped, transfer the cookie sheet to the fridge until ready to serve.