Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bacon Desserts

As I was searching around for which bacon recipes I would try this week, I came across some bacon desserts.  Surprisingly enough, they sound quite yummy.  I decided I’d like to try the Maple Syrup Pudding with Bacon recipe (below).   (Update, Nov. 9, 2011:  Made this two nights ago. Amazing!  Love the sweet & salty taste!)
 I found the recipe on the Time website.  Click the "More Bacon Desserts Here" link below the recipe for more.  If bacon desserts aren’t your thing, check out the Bacon-Wrapped Sausage Bites!   

Maple Syrup Pudding with Bacon
Recipe courtesy of Katrina Markoff, owner of Vosges Haut-Chocolat

Yield: 1 cup

79 g (5½ tbsp.) cream
1 vanilla bean
128 g (4½ oz.) milk chocolate chunks
45 g (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
1 lb bacon strips, cooked

Heat cream with vanilla bean over low heat, infuse for 10 minutes and then discard the bean. Bring cream to a boil.
Pour cream over milk chocolate chunks; stir with spoon.
Add maple syrup.
Fill shot glass halfway with mixture, with one strip of bacon sticking out from top. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...